Saturday, October 18, 2014

Potters house 11-23-13

Potters House

I am seven years old in this encounter. I am wearing a white shirt and blue jeans. The jeans were cuffed at the bottom so they didn't touch the tops of my bare feet. I looked down at my feet. I noticed I could feel the dirt and small rocks as I walked. I looked up and saw this path lead up a small hill to a old grey metal shack. I kept following it as it began to curve off to the left and begin up the hill to the shack. I saw a man step out of the door wiping his hands on a bright orange apron. He had on a white shirt and blue jeans also cuffed up at the bottom so they wouldn't touch the tops of his feet. His clothes and apron where covered in what looked like dry mud. He even had it on his face. His hair and beard grey with blank and white speckled throughout. The man looked up and his eyes met mine. I recognized him right away it was I AM.
He smiled and waved at me. I made my way up the small slope to the top where he greeted me. He knelt down on one knee and pulled me in for a big hug. He kissed my head looked at my eyes. "Do you know where you are child?" I shook my head "no" He stood up and pointed to the shack "Welcome to the potters house." He said with so much excitement. He knelt down and said in a low gentle voice "I have been waiting for you for a long time." I lowered my head and looked of to the side. He gently lifted my head and brought it back to meet his eyes. He with passion and love he said "You are one of my greatest masterpieces, nothing could ever replace you. You are my daughter, a daughter of a king. You are my beloved child, and when I look at you all I see is someone who moves my heart. The love I have for you goes past time, is bigger then any earthly relationship. You are mine...my beloved child." He kissed my head stood and took my hand. We walked into the potters house together. He let go of my hand and walked over to the potters wheel. He tapped it with his hand "Come sit with me." I looked around the room. There wasn't much in there. I saw the potters wheel and a bench along the back wall with clay and tools on it. I crossed my arms feeling like I had to protect myself and I said with a bit of frustration in my voice "Let me guess, this is where YOU take me apart just so you can rebuild me again, right?" He chuckled, tapped the seat again and said "Come and sit with me." I walked over a bit suspicious of what his intentions where. I AM walked over to the bench along the back wall picked up a big piece of clay and held it in one hand. He turned and walked back towards me. He asked "Child, do you remember the story my son told of the old and new wine skins?" I thought for a second "I do remember it." He said it is the same with clay. You cannot mix old and new clay together because they work against each other and it will not hold the new life I breathe into it. So I take the old clay and through a process I make it new. This way it can hold the new life I breathe into it." He slammed the clay onto the wheel, he walked around behind me and sat on the seat with me. He took my hands and together we began to form this beautiful pot. I AM said "making the new pot takes both of us." He leaned over and put my hand in the water and brought it back to the pot. "Child, do you know what happens when you push my hands away and try do do it on your own?" I shook my head no. I AM took his hands off mine and put them on his knees. I tried to keep the shape of the pot, fighting it but I could not keep its beautiful shape. I AM chuckled, then he put his hands back over mine and said "See how beautiful it becomes when you allow me to work with you?" The pot began to retake its shape and began to become the beautiful pot it was before. He stopped the wheel and got up. He came to my side and knelt down. I AM took my hands and said "You are a work in progress child, I know that. If you allow me to work with you together we can do great things." He took both my hands looking down at them all covered in clay. He then looked back into my eyes and said in a loving gentle voice "All I ask is you allow me to lead." I stood up and walked around the wheel looking at the pot. I AM sat down and began to work on this pot we started. I watched for a little while. His touch and movements where so gentle and precise. It was beautiful beyond words to watch. After a while he looked up at me and said "grab a seat and sit with me." I looked around the room and saw a stool over by his work bench I walked over, picked it up and brought it over by the potters wheel. I set it down on the other side and sat down. I AM looked up at me and said "bring it closer, come sit next to me. I have some things I want to show you. I watched how he paid special attention to certain area's. I watched as he would add water when he needed it and applied pressure as the pot would try to deform. I AM stopped and said "Child stand with me, I have something to show you." I stood with him and watched as he wiped his hands on his apron. He looked at me with a smile "Tell me what you see in there." I leaned over and looked into the pot. I was taken back, inside the new pot was a smaller slightly dried up pot. I looked up at him and said with a snarky tone "another pot." I AM laughed "Yes, another pot."He reached down and pulled the small pot out. It was a lot smaller then the pot he was working on. This pot wasn't the grayish brown the bigger pot was. The smaller pot was darker in color, almost completely brown. I said "I think you pot dried out a little." I looked inside the new pot and asked "if it is dry how will you attach it to the new one?" He put the dried pot back into the new pot. He crossed his arms and said with a grin "You can't." I was confused and gave him a funny look "Then why is it in there?" I AM uncrossed his arms and said "The outside pot is the new you, the one we are building together. As we continue to build this new pot the less you need the old one. And child, only you can remove the old pot. I won't force you to do it. Wee can work around it, but until you remove it it will always hinder the new pot and its beauty. When you are ready give that old pot to me and we will begin to create something even grander then this." I crossed my arms and shuffled a bit where I stood. I was anxious to give the old pot to him. I knew what was attached to it. I reached in and carefully pulled out the old dried pot. I looked at it for a few moment. Tears came to my eyes and as one rolled down my cheek I AM knelt down to meet my eyes and said with so much love and tenderness "I see your pain child. I see what memories, people and lies are attached to it. Will you trust me to take care of it?" I wiped the tear on my cheek away. I hesitated, the slowly handed him the old dry pot. "Yes....yes I trust you." I AM took the pot he put one hand on each side of it and began to press on it, like he was trying to crush it. I watched thinking it would explode into a million pieces. But something weird began to happen the more pressed he put on it, the more it began to change. It slowly turned into new clay. I watched as he began to kneed it in his hands. With all his focus on the clay in his hands he sat down and began to work the old clay that he had made new into the pot. I stood on the other side of the wheel and became frustrated. I thought to myself "why would he do that? I thought he would destroy it and it would be gone forever." I AM sensed my distraught and stopped what he was doing to look up at me. "What is wrong child?" I looked at the pot then to him "I thought you where going to destroy it. I thought all the stuff that was attached to it would be gone forever! Why would you mix it into the new pot?" He smiled and said "The things you have walked through only make the new pot stronger. There is wisdom and lessons you have learned over these many years. Your life was still beautiful in the old state, but now it will be a gift of healing to others and a mark of my glory on your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment