Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Moon lit water 2014

Moon Lit Water

I was sitting by the water watching the sun slowly set. I watched the almost still water reflected the colors back to the sky. I closed my eye's and listened to the rustling of leaves on the tree's, it was faint but still beautiful. I opened my eye's and I watched a yellow butterfly dance in the light breeze as it made its way to a small flower by the water. I was in such a peaceful place, though I didn't feel that same peace with in me. I was wearing a white sun dress that went down to my knees. It was embroidered with flowers all along the bottom, I was 12 years old in this encounter. I was barefoot and could feel the grass and dirt beneath my feet. I felt so distant and sad inside, so I drew my knee's to my chest. I felt vulnerable there even though no one was around. A tear rolled down my cheek and the pain and sorrow flooded me. I tried to push it off but I couldn't. Thoughts and memories flooded my mind and I tried to focus on the beauty before me. Tears kept coming, I couldn't stop them, I then heard a voice whisper my name. I didn't recognize the voice and I looked around but saw no one. The voice said "You where born unwanted, and you will die alone." I held my knees to my chest a bit tighter and rested my head on them, and sank into the feeling of being alone. I then heard a noise behind me and I heard Him whisper my name, I knew this voice. I could feel the peace in his voice pushing back the darkness inside me. I became embarrassed and buried my face into my knees. Jesus sat next to me, as close ass he could get. He was so close we where touching. He nudged me and I looked over at him, he said "You can try to pull away as much as you want, but I am not going anywhere." I looked out over the water, the sun was almost done setting over the horizon and you could see the line where the darkness was taking over where the light was leaving. Jesus wrapped his arm around me and watched with me. The sun was now completely gone but even though it was now night there was still light. I looked up an saw a full moon, it's light dancing on the water. It was bright enough it illuminated the entire area with it's fair glow, enough so you could make out the shadows but not enough to know for sure where you where going. Jesus, smiling, looked up at the moon as well and said, "Even in the darkness, there is light." He put his hand up and the moon was gone. I looked at him and "why would you do that?" He said "Just watch." As my eye's adjusted in the darkness I began to see faint light in the sky, stars. One by one till there where so many I couldn't count. "Just because you can't always see me, or feel me, doesn't mean I am not there. It doesn't mean all hope is gone." He looked at me and smiled "I am always there, everywhere...I am with in you. My thoughts for you are like the stars, they go on forever." I stretched out my legs and rested my hands on them. "Why does the darkness never seem to end?" He looked out to the horizon and and said "It. Seems. That way." When he smiled I saw the sun began to rise in the same spot it sat. I saw the beautiful colors slowly fill the sky pushing back the darkness. I watched with wonderJesus stood up and reached down to help me up. I took his hand and when I stood the sun had fully risen. Jesus put his arm around my shoulder and pointed to the sky "You want to know something else?" I looked at him and nodded yes. He said "though you cannot see the stars, they are still there." He turned towards me and embraced my face, "You are never alone, in your good days and even in your darkness...I am always there." He kissed my forehead looked into my eyes, I saw tears fill his as he whispered "I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment