Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Offer 2014

The offer

I was standing in the doorway leading out to the garden in the new temple. I had on a long white robe that stopped just above my bare feet, I was maybe 8 in this encounter. I felt nervous and vulnerable so I took my hands and put them inside the long sleeves of my robe, trying to hide the shame I felt. I looked at my now hidden hands then back out to the garden. I saw at the edge of the stone patio a large bush of daisies, they where closed, not one of them was open. Jesus walked around them gently touching them, as he touched them they slowly opened up and began to glow a soft white light. He picked one of the daisies and looked up at me, "Come child." He had a smile and seemed peaceful. I felt chaotic inside, I felt shame beyond words. I looked around then down at my covered hands and slowly walked over to him. Jesus said in a soft voice, "I am so glad you are here." I felt embarrassed and looked down at my feet, I didn't say a word to him. All I could do was try and hold back the food of tears, which I failed horribly at. The began to stream down my face. Jesus knelt down to one knee. He caught my eye's enough that I looked up at him, "Sweet child, talk with me." I fell to my knees and buried my face into the robe that covered my hands, "I can't, I am so sorry." Jesus placed his hand on my shoulder "Sorry for what?" I couldn't answer him. He wrapped his arms around me kissing my head and whispering "I love you." I pulled back and through the tears I said "You already know, why do I have to say it?" He touched my face "It's to help you heal. Speak the words, it will shine light on the very thing that binds you with shame. Once light shines on it, it has no power." I shook my head side "No...not this I can never speak this." I felt terrified inside, I stood up and began to back away from him. Jesus stood and said "That thought you are having, it's a lie" I stopped backing up. Jesus looked down at the glowing daisy in his hand then back at me "You try to hide so much from those around you, from people who want to help. This one memory, it's destroying you. I see the shame it has cast on you, I see your fear and pain, I see it all." He took the daisy and extended it to me, "Please child, accept my forgiveness." I was reluctant but I slowly reached out and took it. "There will be a time, a place, when that darkness will come to light. Once you share it you will see just how loved you are. You will see me in every moment of it. I know you are not ready now, but it will come." I looked the flower over then up at Jesus, he smiled a little and a tear ran down his cheek "I wish you knew just how much I love you and how much you mean to me." I took a few steps towards him, inside I really just wanted a hug but was too afraid to ask for it. I looked up at him and he moved towards me. Jesus wrapped his arms around me and held me tight as I buried my face into him. He kissed my head and said "I love you, no matter what"

No comments:

Post a Comment