Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Off the path 2014

Off the Path

I was standing on the maroon rug in front of the bottom step. I looked down at my bare feet and wiggled them a bit. I was 12 years old in this encounter, I was wearing a white short sleeved shirt and blue jeans. I noticed they where rolled up just above my ankles. I scrunched my face trying to understand why they where like that. Then I felt my spirit stir inside me and i looked at that first bottom step. I took a deep breath and slowly made my way up to the ark. When I got to the top I watched the white/clear flame dance and move like it was breathing all at once. I began to study the wings of the ark when the flame reached out and wrapped around me. I could feel my breath going in and out, but the sensation was the flame was breathing for me. I felt peace wash through me. I then stepped forward and touched the wings, I felt warmth flow through me. I felt consumed by God's presence in a way I never had before. I then heard a sound and looked to my left, through the flame that was wrapped around me I saw his eye's and the glow of his face. So much excitement and joy filled me tears began to fall. I saw him smile when I whispered "Jesus" He reached out his hand and the flame moved back over the ark. "Hello my sweet child." I walked over to him and he touched the side of my face with such gentleness. I closed my eye's enjoying his touch, His touch never frightened me or made me feel uncomfortable, it only made me feel safe. I don't fear his touch like I do other men. I noticed he too was wearing a white short sleeved shirt and rolled up blue jeans. He smiled at me and asked "Will you walk with me child? I have something to show you." I nodded yes and we walked past the ark to the doors leading into the new part of the temple, the castle. He lead me down the hall to the door where the garden was. We walked out onto the patio to the stone path leading farther into the garden. I looked around at the beautiful scenery, I loved the mountains off in the distance and the various flowers, some i had never seen before. We came to a part in the path where it seemed to split. Off to the right was a very narrow dirt path. It was barely wide enough for one person to walk down. The path lead into a thick patch of tree's, the greenery so thick you couldn't see very far into it. Jesus looked at me with excitement on his face and said "come!" He took off running down the path. I ran after him. It was not an easy task pushing through the brush and climbing over fallen trees. I tripped many times over tree roots sticking out of the ground, some where knee high. I tried to catch up to him but he was so far ahead i could only hear him moving through the brush and sometimes laughing. I thought to myself "Why on earth is he laughing? This is hard, whats so funny about it?" The path then ended in a small clearing. Jesus was catching his breath and when I stepped into the clearing he chuckled and asked "You ready?" I looked at him confused, "Ready for what? To go back?" He chuckled "No. No. No. To move forward" I looked back at the dirt path then at him "but the path has ended, how will we know where we are going?" Jesus put his hand on my shoulder and said "Don't think, just trust me." He turned and began to quickly make his way through brush that was up to his chest. I followed the best I could, I could hear him so i followed the sound of him moving. I tripped and moved as fast as i could when I stepped out to the other side. My mouth dropped at the site that was before me. The sun was setting and the sky was full of purple, pink, blue, and red coloring. The field was as far as the eye could see. The horizon lined with mountains and the field full of daffodils....for as far as you could see. I walked forward and stood beside Jesus, put his arm around me and said "In order to see the most beautiful things...you have to leave the path." He held me close and kissed my head as we stood there and watched the sun set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment