Monday, October 20, 2014

Dark room 12-01-13

Dark Room

I was sitting in a dark room in a wooden chair. I was 10 in this encounter and I was wearing a white dress that had short sleeves and went to my knees. I looked to my right and saw a door with light coming from behind it. The light that made its way through the cracks and crevices seemed like the son in comparison to the darkness of the room. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I was feeling the weight of the darkness that surrounded me. It came over me like a wave and I felt like I was drowning in a sea of sorrow. I looked down at the floor in front of me, traces of light that made its way through the door softly lit of the floor. I reached down to touch it. The light felt warm and refreshing. I sat back in the chair, the part of my hand that touched the light was glowing a soft yellow. I looked at it for a moment and when I went to touch it with the other hand the weight of the darkness became so heavy I could hardly breathe. I watched as the darkness slowly took over the little bit of light that was on my hand. Tears rolled down my face, I felt alone, afraid, and cold. I saw a shadow moving under the door. I watched as it seemed to pace back and forth for a moment. I heard the handle to the door jiggle and it opened up. I saw Jesus standing there, his face of white light lit up most of the room. His robe was white and made of light. It moved and danced as if it where alive.  "Sweet child, What happened? Why are you so sad?" I closed my eye's and the tears just kept coming, I was so weighted down by the heaviness of the darkness I could not speak. Jesus walked over to me and knelt down. The light from his face was a welcoming sight. The glow made the weight of the darkness feel lighter. He touched the side of my face with his hand and I leaned into it. My tears now running off of it. "I know this has been a hard journey for you, but I am here. Child I will not let this darkness overcome you. I know it feels overwhelming and heavy, but look at me." I opened my eye's and I looked into his. They where a very faint blue and looked like glass. I could feel the intense love in them. It began to chase some of the darkness away. "Child, you cannot fight this battle on your own. I am your light in these dark places, your strength when you feel overwhelmed. I know you feel alone, But you are never alone. Child, I am always with you." He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. When he did the light that was on him began to spread from where he kissed me to the rest of my body. I looked down at myself and I was glowing white like he was. I looked back to his eye's and I studied them for a moment and asked "Why do you care about me?" He smiled at me and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and said "Because I love you, I don't need any other reason but that." He stood up and looked down at me "Can I help you? Will you let me take you from this darkness to the light?" I shook my head yes. He bent down and scooped me up. "I could walk if you want me to." He smiled at me and said "I am your strength, let me help you." I wrapped my arms around his neck and sank into him as he carried me out to the room of darkness, through the door into the warm light

No comments:

Post a Comment