Monday, August 15, 2016

Where to Draw Strength

Where to Draw Strength 2015


I found myself standing at the top of the curved staircase leading down to the fountain covered in Ivy. I was wearing a white dress with a yellow sash around my waist. I was 8 in this encounter. I looked down at the white and grey marbled looking floor. I put my foot out and slowly set it down on the first step in front of me. I could feel the warmth of the floor, and I thought to myself, Why was it warm? I then put my hand on the big marbled rail and began to follow the steps to the bottom. When I reached the last step I stopped for a moment and watched the water from the top spill out over the Ivy it was covered in. I slowly stepped down onto the floor and walked over to it. I was amazed how it grew and survived in this fountain. The plant seemed to grow out of the top where the water came out. I thought, how is it not plugging the hole with its roots? I reached out and touched a leaf with my fingers, examining it for a moment. I stepped back and remembered the cup. I made my way around the fountain to the other side. I saw the cup sitting there with writing on it. The writing was back to the way it was before I picked it up last time. I wanted to pick it up and look at it. I reached out slowly to pick it up but got nervous and pulled my hand back. I heard from behind "You can pick it up child." It was I AM.  He came and stood beside me, "don't be afraid, you can pick it up." He looked down at me and smiled. I looked back tot the cup and picked it up. I looked it over and I ran my hands over the writing on the cup. When I touched the letters they filled with red and changed to BeLoved Child. The red in the letters then quickly faded away. I looked at I AM and asked "What exactly is this cup for? I know we used it to drink before, is that all its for?" I AM reached down past the Ivy and touched the water with his finger tips and asked "Child, do you feel weak and weary?" I thought to myself what did this have to do with my question. "Sometimes, I guess." He looked at me with a suspicious smile, then back at the fountain. He pulled his hand back and stood there in front of me, placing his hand on the side of my face he said in a whisper "Draw some water from the fountain" I looked at him a bit unsure but I took the cup and pushed it under the water filling it and pulled it back out. I saw the words change on the cup from BeLoved Child to Beautiful Life. I looked at it and thought why did it change? "Child, there are many places you can try to draw strength from but only one place can offer you the real strength that you need." I looked down at the cup and then back at him and asked "How do you know I have been weak and weary?" He smiled "I know more about you then you think I do." He knelt down to meet my eye's and he wrapped my hands around the cup and put his over mine, "You can draw strength from me whenever you want. I will never leave you feeling empty and alone." He took his hands away and said "When you are ready, drink." I stood there a moment and looked down at the water in the cup thinking about what he had just said. I put the cup to my lips and began to drink. I could feel the cool sweet water flow throughout my body. I felt peace and safety deep down in my spirit. I felt....refreshed. He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and said "I am your strength when you are weak, the peace you crave." I set the cup down on the side of the fountain where I had found it. I saw the writing go back to words I couldn't read. I asked "what if the fountain is plugged by the vine or it stops running?" He looked at me and with a loving smile said "This fountain will never dry up. It can never be choked out by the vine. Like me, it will always be." He stood and picked me up and looked me in the eye's "I love you too much." Then I wrapped my arms around his neck and he held me. As I rested there he turned towards the curved staircase and began to make his way up them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment