Thursday, August 11, 2016

Fire and Twisted Branches

Fire and Twisted Branches


I found myself walking down a dried up path, I could feel the dry dirt on my bare feet. I wiggled them a moment and the dust stuck to my toes like a magnet. I was 10 and  wearing a white blue robe. I noticed the dust didn't stick to the robe just my feet. I walked for a while on this path, and I saw nothing but dead trees and cracked dried earth. I stopped and watched as the sun began to set, when it reached the horizon if stopped. I noticed there was a long line of dried dead trees on both side of the path a ways out from where I stood. I saw a long line of fire come from the resting sun and touch the trees in front of me, first on my left then my right. The fire quickly took over the dead trees causing a fire as high as four feet high. I took a step back the heat was intense. I began to spread to the dried dead plants and such on the ground consuming it. The fire moved towards me and so I was surrounded by the fire in a circle. The flames where taller than I was. The fire was five feet around me all the way around, even though it was so close I could not feel the heat from it. I became afraid because I didn't know how to get out of the circle of fire. I then felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see the Spirit beside me. He smiled at me and asked "child why are you so afraid?" I looked at him and back at the fire, "I don't know how to get out of this." He pointed to the fire and said "Just walk through it." I asked "won't I get burned? How can I walk through that?" He put his hand on my chest and said in a whisper "You can't, but HE can. Go child, walk through it and find the path. Don't forget, I am here with you." I took a deep breath and took the Spirit's hand and said "Okay" and I began to walk towards the fire. I still felt no heat touch my skin and my clothes were not singed as I walked through that fire. When I was on the other side I turned around quickly to see the ring of fire still there. I looked down at my clothes and then to the Spirit, "I thought you would make it disappear or something, why is it still there? Why didn't you just make it go away?" The Spirit walked over to me and placed his hand on my shoulder and said "This time I walked with you through the fire. I wanted you to see there is nothing to fear because I am with you." I then saw the fire dry up and the trees that where once there where now twisted branches. The branches covered the road in front of me and where so wrapped together there was no was you could push through it. The line of twisted branches ran as far as I could see to my left and right, so I could not walk around them. The Spirit walked over and handed me a book. "What's this for?" He pointed to it and I opened it. I read the words on the page, it said Psalms 113. I turned the page and saw Psalms 113 written by had in cursive. I ran my hand over the written words, it kinda meant a lot to me that someone would right it out by hand. I looked to the Spirit for direction, he pointed to the book so I began to read the written words on the page and as I did they lit up with gold sparkling light, it said:

The Majesty and Condescension of God
113 Praise the Lord!
Praise, O servants of the Lord,
Praise the name of the Lord!
2 Blessed be the name of the Lord
From this time forth and forevermore!
3 From the rising of the sun to its going down
The Lord’s name is to be praised.
4 The Lord is high above all nations,
His glory above the heavens.
5 Who is like the Lord our God,
Who dwells on high,
6 Who humbles Himself to behold
The things that are in the heavens and in the earth?
7 He raises the poor out of the dust,
And lifts the needy out of the ash heap,
8 That He may seat him with princes—
With the princes of His people.
9 He grants the barren woman a home,
Like a joyful mother of children.
Praise the Lord!

When I was finished reading it tears ran down my face. The Spirit walked over to me and took my hand and my chest began to glow. I grew brighter and the Spirit also began to glow. We began to walk towards the twisted branches across the dried up road. When we got close to the they separated and moved off the path. But as they did long thorns appeared on them we walked about 5 feet through the twisted branches before reaching the other side. When we got to the other side I turned around and looked at where we had walked. I noticed that where my footprints where in the dirt bright green grass had grown. Not just one or two but all of them. I looked down at my feet and saw grass grow around them. I turned to look at the Spirit but he was gone. I looked back at the footprints just in awe. Then I heard him speak my name, it calmed everything inside me. My Spirit knew his voice, I didn't even have to turn around to know who it was. I lowered my head and turned to face him. Jesus said "Child, why do you look down?" He came closer and knelt down to meet my eye's "There is no shame here, none. I know things seem dry, desolate, and dead, But I am leading you to better things. To a place of peace, love, and family." I looked behind him and saw green grass everywhere, Lush bushes with flowers and healthy trees. He stood up and reached out his hand, I was reluctant but I took his hand. Jesus looked down at me and said "Walk with me." And we began to walk this landscape of beauty and peace. I watched as small white petals blew and spun in a circle across my path. Jesus walked us over to a big old oak tree and he sat down at the base of it. I looked up at the tree, it was larger then any tree I had seen before. Jesus said "Come, come rest with me a while. You are safe with me." I sat down in his lap, he leaned back against the tree and we just sat there enjoying the moment. After a while I became tired and he whispered "close your eyes and rest, you are safe with me." So I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment