Thursday, August 11, 2016

Dark Tunnel

Dark Tunnel

I was laying in my bed crying, I had just had a bad dream and was feeling shame and condemnation. The feelings just overwhelmed every part of me. I opened my eyes and saw a hand reach down and pick me up, I closed my eyes as the tears continued to come. I felt my face being embraced and I opened my eye's.  I was 7 yrs old and the first thing I saw was Jesus looking into my eye's I could see the concern and felt his intense love. I reached up with my hands and held on to his arm. I closed my eyes and tried to speak, my voiced cracked as I spoke "Do I really matter?" He pulled me close and just held me as I cried. Jesus said in a whisper "of course you do." After a few minutes I pulled back wiping tears from my face apologizing for being upset and crying. He kissed my forehead and said "Never be afraid to cry, or to be upset around me. I am your safe place." He took my hand and said "walk with me a while." We where in an empty space and before us was a dark tunnel. We made our way into the tunnel, and the farther we got into it the darker it became. I let go of his hand trying to find the wall. The walls where rounded not flat, I tried to reach back to Jesus but could not find him in the dark. I began to panic and began to cry uncontrollably. He touched my finger tips and said softly "I am still here." I grabbed his hand with both of mine and stood there in a panic crying and telling how scared I was to be there in the dark. He pulled in in close and held me, "you are not alone here, you never where or will be." He stood there just holding me as I lost it. My chest began to glow and he pulled back just a little to look at me.  I could see his face in the faint light that came from my chest.  He embraced my face and said in a whisper, "You are safe here with me." He wiped the tears from my face and said "I am still here, even when you can't see me." I just let him hold me a bit longer, I had my head on his chest listening to his heart beat. My body began to be a peace and I calmed down. I let go and backed up a bit. I wiped the remaining tears from my face, and in the faint light I saw him reach out his hand to me. I took his hand and he pointed and said, "Do you see the light down there?" I looked it was hard to see but there was a faint light a ways out from us. He said "walk with me." I nodded and we began to walk to the faint light in front of us. The closer we got the brighter the light got, when we reached the end of the tunnel the light filled the space at the end. I saw a fain figure in the light, then I heard him call my name. I AM stepped out of the light and I ran to him and he embraced me. I was crying out of relief mostly. He held me, laughed and said "You are so precious to me, and someday you will see just how much you mean to me. It will chase the darkness away and all you will see is the light." He kissed my head and picked me up, "I love you child, so so much." He turned and he walked us into the light

No comments:

Post a Comment