Saturday, August 13, 2016

Rulers of Worth

Rulers of Worth


I found myself standing in a field of tall green grass, the grass came almost chest high on me. I was 8 in this encounter and I was wearing a white dress that went to my knees. Around my waist there was a yellow sash, I looked down at my bare feet and wiggled my toes. The feel of the dirt and grass beneath my feel felt a bit rough, but it did not hurt. I looked out over the field and watched the grass bend and sway with the wind. I put my hand out and let the grass touch my palm as it blew back and forth. I closed my eye's and just enjoyed the breeze as it flowed through my hair. With my eye's closed I looked up to the sky just to feel the warmth of the sun on my face. It was warm standing there, but the breeze was cool when it touched my skin. I opened my eye's and looked out over the field, I saw a ways out from me I AM he was smiling at me. When he began to walk towards me small daisies began to bloom all over the field. I watched in amazement as they quickly spread. When he was about half way to me he knelt down and held out his arms. I was so excited to see him so I ran to his open arms and he hugged me tight. I AM chuckled and he kissed my face all over as I giggled. He sat down in the grass and studied my face a moment then in a whisper he asked me "How are you my beloved child?" I smiled and before I could answer I saw two rulers appear on the ground. I bent down and picked them up, What where they doing in the grass? I wondered. I looked to I AM for an answer "where did these come from?" I asked him. "Let me see." He said, so I showed him the rulers in my hands. He didn't take them from me but he did look them over. "These are what you have been measuring you worth and your life by. They represent other people's standards for you, and what they think of you." He touched my nose with his finger and asked "How can you hold onto anything else with those in your hands?" I looked the rulers over and then down at the ground. In a low voice I said "Well, it's been pretty difficult." He reached out and lifted my head and asked in a low soft voice "So what should we do with them?" I looked out over the field thinking for a moment "If I put them down how can I be all things to everyone?" I looked back at I AM for an answer. "Ah, let's talk about that a moment. How easy has it been for you to be all things to everyone?" I sighed really big and loud "Stressful. It doesn't seem to matter how hard I try because I always end up making someone mad at me. It seems impossible to do."  He studied my eyes for a moment "Do their opinions really matter?" I thought for a moment then said, "Probably not. But I have to be at peace with everyone. I have to make sure people aren't angry, but again it seems impossible." I was beginning to feel frustrated. I AM reached out and touched my face with his hand "Peace child. If it seems so impossible then what do you think you can do with the rulers?" I looked at them and then set them on the ground in front of him. "I can let them go?" I stood there looking down at the rulers even as he spoke, "Child, do you see the problem here? Do you see the problem with just letting it go?" I looked up at him "No." He sat there quiet, I looked down at them trying to figure out what he meant. After a few moments I picked them back up and looked them over. He got on one knee and asked "do you see the problem now?" I looked at him sad I couldn't figure out how just letting it go wasn't enough. He then held out his hands "Child, it's all about how you let them go. You can't do this on your own. Just putting them down isn't going to help because you really haven't given them up, your still holding them."
I looked at the rulers and I stood there a bit reluctant, but after a moment slowly handed them to him. He placed them both into one hand and I watched as they began to glow with bright white light. Then the light went away and I saw the rulers turn into two small daisies. I AM took the daisies and placed them behind my ear. He kissed my forehead and whispered to me "The only opinion that matters is mine, no one else. You cannot please everyone. Stay focused on me and trust I will take care of any offenses. Sweet child, I think you are beautiful, flawless, you are my beloved." He held out his arms "will you trust me?" I stepped closer and fell into him wrapping my arms around his neck, resting my head on his shoulder. He stood with me in his arms and began to walk the field to the other side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment