Monday, January 9, 2017

Tree by the water

God Encounter 2014


Tree by the water


I was walking down a path, out a ways in front of me was a river. I noticed a tree close to the water. I walked over to the river and stood next to the tree. I saw the tree had only a few dead leaves on it. The tree looked like it might have been dead. I looked around and saw green grass and other trees with leaves. With my hand the trees trunk I looked up at its branches and kinda felt sad for it. I saw one of the last dried up leaves float from the tree and land in the water. The leaf floated quickly away from where I was. The river was flowing fast and steady. I was barefoot and could feel the cool grass under my feet. I slowly made my way down to the edge of the water. The rocks where smooth closer to the water so I stood on one. I was wearing a white sun dress and the bottom of it moved as the wind began to pick up. I got to the edge of the rock I touched the tip of my toe into the water. I saw a ring of ripples go out across the river. As the ring moved the river began to slow down and stop flowing. I knelt down next to the edge of the river and cupped my hands together. I stuck them into the water and drew some water out. I closed my eye's and felt the wind begin to pick up even more. With my eyes still closed, I began to drink the water I drew out. When I was finished the wind began to blow extremely hard and it whipped around me. I put my arms out as if I was surrendering to it. When I did my spirit was stirred, so I just stood there and let the wind wrap around me for a while. After a few moments the wind stopped. I opened my eye's and I saw green leaves on the water, I turned and looked up at the tree behind me that was dead. I saw all the remaining dead leaves where gone. I turned around and made my way up the rocks to the dead tree. I put my hand on the trunk of the tree and again looked up at its branches, I was still felt sad for the tree. I looked out over the still river water, I put my right arm around the tree and just leaned against it. I closed my eyes and felt the wind pick up again. when the wind died down I opened my eyes and noticed I was standing in the shade. I pulled away from the tree in shock. I turned and saw the tree was in full bloom! It had new green leaves and even fruit had appeared. I felt a soft breeze and I head my name whispered in it. I turned towards the river and saw Jesus walking across it to me. When he got to the edge of the water where I had been, he stopped. Jesus reached out his hand and motioned for me to come to him. I looked up at the tree once more and I let go. I made my way down the rocks back to the edge of the water. Jesus was still standing on the water. His face was full of light but I could see his eyes. They where like glass. There was such purity and love in them it pierced my very soul. "What happened to that tree?" I asked him. "Life."  I looked back at the tree then to him "Where did it come from? It was dry and dead before you came." He smiled at me and I realized what had happened. I made my way back to the tree. Jesus followed me up the rocks. When I got to the tree I put my hand on the trunk. I looked up at the beautiful green leaves and fruit that now filled the tree. "I felt sad for this tree, I wanted so much for it to be like this." I said. Jesus put his hand on the trunk and looked up at the branches a moment then down at me, "This tree represents you child." I looked at him "Me? Why me?" He touched my face with his other hand, "You have lived for so long without life." He looked back up at the branches full of leaves and fruit then said "And soon I will bring you to a place where you will be flowing with life." He looked back at me, "I feel your sadness and longing for me, though I have always been right here you haven't seen me. For so long you couldn't hear me, but soon you will. You will hear words of life and light , and your soul will find living water. Your dried up branches will fill with life, so much so you will be overflowing." I stood there a moment studying the tree and then I turned to him and asked "when will this happen for me?" Jesus reached out his hand and said "walk with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment